Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mixed feelings

Today's Thursday - a perfect day for banging my head against the wall. It's too hot for this season but I'm freezing inside. I'm sick and tired of not making myself heard, of being treated like a child who believes everything that flies is edible! Why do adults behave like children, why don't they make us feel proud of who we are?
I'm listening to "Nu am chef azi" and I truly consider this song represents our entire generation. We're not in the mood for learning, for caring, for communicating. Actually we just don't want anything. We're living in an individual world and therefore nobody else can enter . (I'm not generalising but this is what I see every day at highschool so sorry for the ones who feel they don't act like this). As an example, my friend and I tried to create a group for LMT (check out www.lmt.ro to see what it means)... We failed tremendously 'cause we only had 6 boys coming...guess what 4? Just for skipping a Romanian class. I felt disappointed firstly because I really believe in this program and secondly because my efforts were in vain.
On the whole, today I've realised that education has gone ...wild. I might look stupid due to this question but... are we going to fail our life exam? Are we going to refuse every opportunity of learning new stuff? Are we satisfied with our own matchbox and this is the reason why we hate being sociable?

P.S. This is not what I intended to write today. My fingers revealed my anger and transformed an article about laziness into a short essay about how teenagers reject alternative education...


P.P.S. Listen to "Nu am chef azi", drink some tea, think about the rain or the sunny days of summer and chill. You can do whatever yo put your mind to it. Oh...and read a book- this should be rewarding :):)

No comments: